Christmas in Shepton Mallet this year is going to have an amazing party to start the count down to the big day......
The traditional Shepton Chamber of Commerce Christmas Magic Event is being supported by other events organised by 'Shepton Events Comittee' throughout the day as part of the BBC's Turn Back Time series.
Pick and Mix Party to mark the end of BBC series 'Turn Back Time' with music from the 1970's.
If you like to please come dressed from your favourite era of the series.
All events are centred on the Market Place with The Academy building as back up in case of inclement weather.
Get together and celebrate our town Shepton Mallet
- The usual Friday market will be in place and that will be followed by a second market later in the day.
- Lots of choice in the shops that will be open for Late Night Shopping until 7.30
- The party starts with the BBC Hands on History workshops from 11am 'till 5pm.
- Daytime History Talks – local historian.
- BBC Radio Somerset will be in town all day with live interviews from Shepton Mallet.
- We all gather in Market Place at 4.30 with special appearance by Father Christmas.
- Market Stalls, Choirs, Pig Roast. Mulled Wine, Mince Pies and Bread Pudding.
- Juggler will be with us as well.
- Service 5.30 (ish) - Christmas Tree lights switched on by Carnival Queen.