Thursday 13 January 2011

Blogging network .....more press for the town!

Wish Wish Wish

Carrie from Shepton Mallet, now studying fashion in London is receiving some great press about her wonderful BLOG .....featured in 'The Times' 

Woo Hoo Vintage is mentioned severall times on Carries blog which will be seen by many who read the feature. The power of blogging is a great advertising tool!

You can read some of Carrie's report below or the full report on Wish Wish Wish

In Print

When I started this blog in 2007, I had no clue that I might end up in The Times. That’s huge! I know other bloggers are in publications all the time, but I’m really really proud every time that my little creation makes into a publication, there is something about seeing yourself in print, it’s crazy. I’ve been so lucky.
Lots of you have been asking for scans – I’m afraid I haven’t got to the scanner yet but I took a few super-blurry pictures (thanks, 50mm lens!) and wrote up the little bit for you to read, along with the picture used (recognise the setting again?!) .....Woo Hoo Vintage as seen on BBC1 Turn Back Time 'The High Street'









































20-year-old fashion student Carrie Harwood is from Somerset. She began the award-winning blog Wish Wish Wish three years ago.
Playful, patterned 60s mini-dresses teamed with big hair have been my uniform over the past few months. A vintage look is always classic, whatever the season and it can be very cheap and is a great way of recycling. I scour my local charity shops each week for the best bits – it’s easy to find long floral skirts, as well as vintage scarves that look great in your hair or even tied around the handle of a bag. Another secret of mine is raiding my parents’ wardrobe. There is usually always an old pair of jeans that have been forgotten about, ready to be cut off and made into the perfect pair of shorts for the summer.”

Now i’m finally back in London after a more-than-hectic weekend, i’ll be back to normal posting! Before I go to sleep, I want to thank you all for the lovely feedback on the dress in the last post, it really put a smile on my face and made me seriously consider purchasing it!
See you here tomorrow x


Thank you Carrie for allowing us feature your reports!
No21x

No comments:

Post a Comment